Sunday, November 24, 2013

Butter Toffee Peanut Butter Cookies

It's getting to that time of year where fall is approaching and it's my favorite season of the year. As the weather changes the meals change from delicate summer recipes to hearty comfort recipes. Fall kicks off the holidays where cooking becomes a necessity bringing togetherness in the family. It is also the time of year where weight gain sky rockets since we are in the house more trying to avoid the cold weather; you can still avoid packing on the pounds by reducing some of the fat content in your foods.

I went online to search for different recipes since My cabinets were overflowing with jars of peanut butter and I didn't want to throw them away because I hate wasting food. I had already given away several jars and still had plenty more. i ran across a flourless cookie recipe and had never heard of or know you could make flourless peanut butter cookies. I decided I would try this recipe and I'm glad I did. These were the best cookies ever. Of course I put my spin on it since I didn't have the exact ingredients the online recipe called for. Here's my version of the recipe I created.

Butter Toffee PB Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup peanut butter (I use creamy)

½ cup butter toffee peanuts

½ cup brown sugar

½ granulated sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 egg

Sea salt

The recipe I based these cookies on used natural peanut butter because the cookie would hold together better. I didn't have natural but I had a bag of butter toffee peanuts that I had no clue what to do with until I made these cookies.

I put the peanuts in a food processor to chop them and added them to the mixture incorporating the peanuts into the peanut butter. Then I added both sugars to the mixture along with the egg and vanilla extract. Mix all the ingredients well.

Grab you a bowl filled with hot water and a fork. Roll the mixture into 3 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Take the fork and dip in the hot water and press the cookie balls down with the tines of the fork.



Lightly sprinkle the cookies with sea salt. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool completely before transferring them or else they will fall apart. Enjoy!

Article Source: Butter Toffee Peanut Butter Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment